We are delighted to offer you the DONM Liberation Workshop, and invite you to take part.
‘We’ are Hazel Larkin and Danu Morrigan. As DONMs ourselves, we have over twenty years of researching, and educating ourselves and others, about the toxicity of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
I’m really excited to be working with Danu, and we’ve put a lot of thought, experience, and work, into creating the content of this workshop. You can read more about Danu on her website.
We invite you to take the next step in your journey to freeDONM.
You can learn about Narcissism until the end of time, but knowledge on its own is not enough. You need to internalise all that you know, so you can actually use it to protect yourself from narcissistic abuse in the real world.
It’s not enough to just know about NPD. We need to be able to manage our narcissistic mothers, and live our own best lives despite their best efforts.
The DONM Liberation Workshop is the next step in that process.
In this workshop you will learn techniques for dealing with your narcissistic mother (and, of course, other narcissists). And even more essential: you will have the opportunity to practise these techniques in a safe environment, so you can internalise them into muscle memory. That way they will always be at hand, especially in moments of stress — which, let’s face it, is the very time you need them.
The DONM Recovery Workshop is 8 weekly sessions of 2 ½ hours each, plus about (an optional but highly recommended) half an hour of self-care each day.
In this comprehensive eight weeks you will immersively learn, and deeply assimilate, the following topics:
- How to do self-care
- The power of free-writing and journaling
- An opportunity for you to share your story and receive validation from us and other DONMs. Your chance to speak your truth and be heard.
- Information about how our brains work to empower you to handle guilt, doubt, and so much else
- How to rescript past events to change your memories for the better
- Discussion about the different levels of contact with your narcissistic mother: pros and cons of each, and how to manage them
- Speaking your truth to your mother: yes, or no, and how and why to do it for best results
- Why, and how, to be ‘grey rock’ around narcissists, and real-time practice of this skill
- Practise in dealing with flying monkeys
- The four different kinds of stress responses (not just flight or fight), how to recognise them, and the best way to respond
- Practice in dealing with other people who ask difficult questions about your mother
- How to manage your anger and shame in a healthy and empowering way.
- The role of forgiveness in dealing with a narcissistic mother, and it’s not what everyone else tells you
- All about grieving the mother you should have had, but didn’t. And grieving the loss of the mother you did have.
- What to do if (really, when) she dies
- How to mother yourself, and how to know you deserve this.
- How to find the right therapist for you, one who is on your side and supports you.
After completing this workshop you will not merely have theory, but you will have had the experience of practising these empowerment skills in a safe and supportive environment, so they are available to you at a very deep level going forward.
You will also have shared time with other DONMs so that you understand deep down that you are not alone. The validation and sympathetic understanding you will have received from us and your fellow DONMs will be invaluable. You might even choose to keep in touch with these fellow-DONMs going forward.
Please be aware that this in an interactive peer-supported process, so please come ready to both receive and give support and validation.
Money Back Guarantee:
We understand that the DONM Liberation Workshop is an investment in both money and time, and we want you to have confidence in whether it’s worth that investment. So we offer you a no-quibble Money Back Guarantee up to the end of the second session. We will ask your feedback if you take this option as we would appreciate that information, but this will not be obligatory, and you will receive your full refund whether or not you give us feedback.
The DONM Liberation Workshop is gentle and supportive. But still, we will be dealing with tough issues, and we will not be there with you in person. Please use your best discernment as to whether you are in a good enough place to do this work. You need to take full responsibility for your experiences during this process.
The next DONM Liberation Workshop is running at the following dates/times:
27th February – 17th April inclusive
18:00-20:30 GMT (e.g. London, Dublin, Lisbon)
3.00 pm – 5.30 pm EST (e.g. New York, Florida)
10.00 a.m. – 11.30 pm PST (e.g. San Francisco, Los Angeles)
This workshop is strictly limited to twelve DONMs so we can make sure everyone gets heard and supported. If the workshop is full before you get the chance to enrol, we offer you the opportunity to sign up for our Priority Enrollment List, below.
Likewise, if these times/dates don’t suit you, sign up below and you’ll hear when we are running it again. We plan run a workshop to suit Antipodean time zones soon.
When we run subsequent courses we will contact people on this list first, so you will be much more likely to get your place if you sign up below.
Signing up for this list commits you to nothing other than being willing to hear from us about the DONM Liberation Workshop. Your details are safe and you can unsubscribe at any time.
The Fee for the Eight Weeks is $197. (That’s roughly €160 or £140)
Liberation Workshop Priority Booking
If you would like to be on the waiting list for the next time we run this workshop, please contact me.